Sunday, July 5, 2015

You

You are my Light
You found me in the darkness
Took my hand and led me out
To a place where I could again feel
The warmth of the sun on my face
And see the beauty in all that surrounds me

You are my peace
Your presence calms the chaos in my mind
And stills the voice that forever screams “why”
You bring my world into clear focus
And show me my soul’s redemption

You are my joy
You unlocked the chains that bound my heart
And pointed me toward freedom
Stripping off my gown of mourning
Allowing me to run in resplendent nakedness

You are my mirror
Enchanted and true
Gently showing the flaws and imperfections
Without judgment
Encouraging change yet marveling at the beauty
Of battle won scars; my badges of courage and strength

You are my treasure
You laid gifts at feet
Not pretty baubles, nor gold and costly perfumes
Gifts more precious than the wealth of the world

You gave me back my life

No comments:

Post a Comment